Child and Adolescent Assessments
Growing Together Psychology offer a range of formal psychology assessments for children and adolescents.
Cognitive (Intellectual) and Educational Assessments (including School Readiness Assessments) are useful in identifying your child’s capacities in areas of functioning that relate closely to their school achievement. At Growing Together Psychology we provide a range of cognitive and educational testing packages for children and adolescents, including children IQ tests and testing for giftedness. Comprehensive assessment reports with tailored recommendations are given to parents at the conclusion of the testing process.
The psychological assessment that your child requires will likely vary depending on their age and their individual developmental and/or learning needs. We encourage you to give us a call on (03) 9077 2275 if you are considering having a psychological assessment completed for your child. Our child assessment packages have been structured to deliver the right outcome at the right price.
Growing Together Psychology provide private psychology assessments for Autism Spectrum Disorders and other developmental concerns. We work closely with a number of local Speech Therapists and Occupational Therapists during the psychological assessment process, where beneficial. The psychology assessments are unique to the individual child and their presenting concerns. There are a small number of funding options for families wishing to access these psychology assessments for their children. We are happy to talk you through these options and discuss the different approaches that we utilise.
We utilise the following psychology testing resources/tools to guide our comprehensive assessments (for educational, developmental and behavioural concerns) for children and adolescents:
- Weschler Intelligence Scale for Children – **THE NEW Fifth Edition (WISC-V)
- Weschler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence – **the latest Fourth Edition (WPPSI-IV)
- Weschler Individual Achievement Test – ** the NEW Third Edition (WIAT-III)
- Vineland Adaptive Behaviour Scales – Second Edition (VABS-2)
- Achenbach Child Behaviour Checklists (CBCL)
- Childhood Autism Rating Scale – Second Edition (CARS-2)
- Depression, Anxiety and Stress Scale (DASS-42)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnostic tool – the latest ‘gold standard’ Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule #2 (ADOS 2)
- A range of other Depression and Anxiety measures for children and adolescents
If you have any queries or questions relating to any of our children assessment processes please give us a call on (03) 9077 2275. We are happy to help.