School Readiness Assessments
Early entry schooling or delayed entry (kindergarten) testing at Growing Together
Knowing whether your child is ready to commence school can prove to be a difficult decision. Not only must children be academically ready for the transition but they also must possess adequate social and emotional skills to support them to successfully develop friendships with their peers and be relaxed and ready to learn. We understand these challenges that parents commonly face and can help you make an informed decision for your child based on their individual needs, through our school readiness assessment package.
In some cases children are deemed eligible to commence their schooling earlier than usually required (early entry schooling). A school readiness assessment can also be useful in determining whether this is an option for your child.
Further information about early school entry requirements can be found on the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) website.
A School Readiness Assessment typically includes:
- Parent interview to review your child’s educational and developmental history, and to ensure the school readiness assessment is appropriate.
- Administration of a standardised Bracken School Readiness Assessment (or WPPSI IV Cognitive Assessment), and distribution of response forms to parents/teachers
- A play-based session with a Psychologist and/or kindergarten observation (as required)
- A detailed report with tailored recommendations for your child
- Parent report feedback session (30 minutes)
- A Letter to the Victorian Department of Education to support early school entry – if eligible
- An initial consultation at the standard rate (1 x 50 minute parent only session) with the Child Psychologist
- Where a School Readiness Assessment is deemed suitable and appropriate for your child, the School Readiness Assessment package includes:
- 2 x 50 minute assessment sessions for the child with the Child Psychologist (mornings preferred)
- A tailored, report written by the Child Psychologist
- 1 x 30 minute parent only feedback/report session with the Child Psychologist (2 weeks after the final assessment session).
If you have any queries or questions relating to any of our school readiness assessment processes, including the fees/rebates for the initial consultation and/or the School Readiness Assessment package, please give us a call on (03) 9077 2275. We are happy to help!