Helping Children with Autism funding
Important Information for families about DSS/FaHCSIA Helping Children with Autism funding (children under 7)
The Department of Social Services “DSS” (previously “FaHCSIA”) has established a panel of early intervention service providers to deliver evidence based services to eligible children as part of the Helping Children with Autism package.
All Growing Together Psychologists are registered Autism Early Intervention therapy service providers with DSS (FaHCSIA) under the Helping Children with Autism program.
The Early Intervention funding under the Helping Children with Autism (HCWA) package is aimed at providing increased access to Early Intervention for children aged up to seven years with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The funding supports the delivery of multidisciplinary evidence based Early Intervention to facilitate improved cognitive, emotional and social development prior to a child starting school.
- Funding is available for children under the age of 7 years who are diagnosed as having a Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Autism Early Intervention (AEI) funding allows for $12,000 per child (max $6,000 per year) to be used toward the cost of accessing eligible therapy services
- An additional $2,000 is available for remote and regional families
- Autism Advisors can assist families to determine eligibility and access funding.
Important Information for families about Medicare rebates under Helping Children with Autism (children over 7 and under 15)
Under the Medicare “Helping Children with Autism” initiative, a child can be referred by a consultant paediatrician or psychiatrist for the following allied health services:
- up to four diagnostic / assessment services delivered by psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, audiologists, optometrists, orthoptists or physiotherapists to assist the referring practitioner with diagnosis or to contribute to a child’s treatment and management plan (for a child under 13 years of age).
- up to twenty treatment services delivered by our psychologists (for a child under 15 years of age, providing a treatment and management plan is in place before their 13th birthday).
Please call us on 9077 2275 to book an Autism Diagnostic Assessment or to book an initial appointment under the DSS (FaHCSIA) funding package or through the Medicare Helping Children with Autism program.