Adolescent / teen counselling and therapy
Looking for an adolescent counselling Psychologist?
Growing Together Psychology understand that the teenage years can be tough to navigate. We offer adolescent counselling support, assessment and treatment for a variety of presenting concerns for teens. Some of the reasons for attending our clinic may include:
- difficulty managing anxiety and/or anger
- challenging and/or risk-taking behaviours
- friendship issues and bullying
- depression and other mood disorders
- family breakdown and conflict
- parent and adolescent relationship challenges
- grief and loss
- learning difficulties
- exam stress and study stress
- school challenges
- self-harm thoughts or actions
- self-esteem issues
Our adolescent counselling services work closely with parents and their teenagers to strengthen key relationships that they share with themselves and others to promote successful personal development.
We offer a respectful and confidential space for adolescents and teenagers to work through challenges and progress toward a successful transition into adulthood.
Our adolescent counselling Psychologists are goals-focussed, and utilise a variety of approaches and techniques. Some approaches explored by our team may include:
- Cognitive-Based Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Motivational interview
- Relaxation techniques
Our adolescent assessment services can also assist with learning, educational and/or developmental concerns and to provide further information to parents, caregivers and educators.
Call us on 9077 2275 to discuss your adolescent counselling and therapy options, or to book an appointment. Alternatively, feel free to submit a query via our contact page.