Parent child relationship therapy
Parenting is a challenging job and we often hear parents tell us they lack confidence in how they manage some of the presenting challenges. At Growing Together we are committed to supporting parents create a healthy family life for themselves and their children through our parent child relationship therapy services.
Parent child relationship therapy is a valuable addition to our range of intervention services. When we work with parents they often understand the strategies that would be most supportive for their child. However, at times, parents find themselves struggling to apply the strategies amidst their busy family life. Parent coaching can help to bridge the gap between knowing and doing. Your Psychologist works with you and your child to practice strategies known to enhance the relationship you share. This can lead to improved behaviour, and empower you to apply an effective, consistent approach to parenting.
Does your child:
- Refuse to follow adult requests
- Have difficulty regulating emotions and become easily frustrated and angry
- Engage in power struggles
- Display disruptive behaviours in home, school or care settings
- Struggle to connect with either or both parents
- Consistently argue or demonstrate oppositional traits
- Are aggressive towards parents, siblings or other children.
We can help!
Goals of parent child relationship therapy include:
- Improve parent-child relationship
- Improve your child’s listening skills
- Increase your child’s ability to manage frustration and anger
- Improve your child’s attention skills
- Build self-esteem
- Improve parents use of appropriate discipline strategies
- Help parents set developmentally appropriate expectations for their child.
Engage our trusted Psychologists today!
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss the suitability of the parent child relationship therapy for your family, please give our clinic a call on 9077 2275 to arrange an appointment. Alternatively, feel free to submit a query via our “contact us” link.