Parent group program – Term 1, 2018
What is the “Tuning In To Kids” parenting group program?
Tuning In To Kids is a 6 session parenting program for parents of children aged 3-12 years helping you to understand how you can:
- Help your child learn to better manage their emotions
- Intervene early to prevent behaviour problems escalating
- Teach your child to deal with conflict
- Help your child to develop emotional intelligence.
Tuning In To Kids is about equipping your family with an understanding of emotions to help make decisions, manage anger and conflict, help you in your relationships with other people, and to assist you in any aspects of life that involve you interacting with another person.
Why ‘tune into kids’?
Children from families with greater emotional intelligence have been shown to:
- Have greater success making friendships and better able to manage conflict with peers
- Have better concentration, which means they are more likely to be successful academically
- Be more able to self soothe when angry or upset
- Tend to have fewer childhood illnesses
- Have more stable and satisfying relations as adults
- Have greater career success – evidence suggests emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ.
Additional Program details:
Our Tuning Into Kids Parenting Group program will be limited to 8 particpants/couples* so we can build meaningful connections and ensure you get the best from the group. If you are interested in joining us, please call the clinic on 9077 2275 we will endeavour to answer any further questions.
- Term 1: Commencing Thursday 8 February 2018 (6 week term)
- Start time: 7:00pm (2 hour duration)
- Location: Growing Together Clinic (89 Hawthorn Road, Caulfield North VIC)
- Facilitators – Lauren Brabham (Psychologist) and Christeen Waring (Psychologist)
- Cost: $600 for the term ($100 per couple, per session), Private Health or Medicare rebates may apply**
*Both parents welcome (and encouraged) to attend
**All resources and handouts provided
Want to tune in? Call the clinic on 9077 2275 to enrol now!