Social Skills group programs for Children – Term 4 now full!
We are now taking expressions of interest for the Term 1 (2018) Social Skills group programs at Growing Together!
The Term 1, 2018 Social Skills group programs are likely to run for the following group ages (subject to change), however please note that places are limited:
- 5yrs-7yrs (day/time TBD)
- 8yrs-10yrs (day/time TBD)
- 10yr-12yrs (day/time TBD)
Call the clinic today to express your interest in the program, and provide your preferred days/times – 9077 2275!
Our specifically designed Social Skills Group program will focus on:
- Problem solving and learning to negotiate with others
- Recognising and appreciating differences
- Communication and friendship making skills
- Learning to read others’ emotions
- Enhancing children’s understanding of their own emotions
- Behavioural control and self-regulation capacities
- Effective communication with others
- Building resilience.
All Social Skills group programs will be child-focused, fun and interactive. The groups will be led by our team of Education and Developmentally trained Psychologists, and operate within our child friendly clinic.
**7 weekly sessions (short school term)
Week commencing – 5 February 2018
Social skills group cost/rebates:
$595 fixed fee for the 7-week term ($700 for FaHCSIA/DSS clients).
Payment is required in full by Friday 13 January 2018), and is non-refundable.
Some of the fee may be claimable through private health or Medicare, with higher rebates for those who have reached the Medicare Safety Net threshold.
To enrol your child in either one of our social skills group programs or for further information, please contact the clinic on 9077 2275 to check availability.